Who am I?
I am a freelance web and graphic designer/developer incorporating creative design, adhering to web standards, search engine friendly sites, hand coded XHTML and CSS, PHP/MySql for more dynamic sites e.g. ecommerce sites and integrating flash and actionscript where appropriate.
create something new each and every day, to create is to be human.
In 2001 I studied a Masters Degree in Multimedia Technology at Napier University (Edinburgh). I have a real passion for all aspects of Multimedia, from web design to the production of graphics.
I now live near London, but I was born and bred in Edinburgh (a beautiful city). Well if you want to be noticed in the field of Multimedia in the UK, London is king. I having been enjoying life in London for the past 11 years, not quite a local but getting there.
A Professional Design Service
This site is a showcase of my work and my life in the multimedia world, which is ever changing and in this game you need to be up to date with all the developments.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." ~ John F. Kennedy
- Bespoke website design
- Simple attractive and intuitive brochure sites
- Content management systems using Wordpress and Joomla
- Implementation of flash into HTML websites where appropriate (actionscript)
- Web site procedure - consultation, planning, strategies, design, coding, testing & validation
- Hand coded XHTML & CSS,that adheres to web standards and also being search engine friendly
- Graphic Design - logos, fliers, brochures
- BBC/Sky News Journalist Dominic Di-Natale
- Twickenham Film Studios Set Producers
- Edinburgh Art College / Edinburgh University
- Queen Mary’s University (London)
- Fullers Brewery
- Scottish and Newcastle
- Modern Artist Tig Sutton
- Just One Working Capital Consultants
- Over 11 years in the industry
- University post graduate qualification in Multimedia
- Plenty of websites completed within an array of industries and services
- Graphic design projects including, logos, animation, fliers and brochures
- Many satisfied customers who keep using my services year after year
- Worked for some highly influential clients
- Search engine marketing campaigns to suit everyone`s budget
- Dedicated, hard working and conscientious
A Bit More?
This is not an exhaustive list,so give me a call anytime, best way to get me is on my mobile on 077 1892 4031 or email me. You will find me friendly, professional and with your best interests at heart.
How much will it cost?
My usual rate is £50.00 per hour / £400.00 per day.
A one off project price can also be agreed upon, with 1/2 the payment in advance.
Some Words From Happy Clients
"We have been working with Fergus for a number of years on two websites dedicated to academic research. He is helpful, quick to respond and deliver and skilled at helping make our research accessible to a wide variety of audiences through design that is both eye-catching and user-friendly".
"Gusmedia was able to take an unusual, media-heavy project and deliver a website that perfectly met this client's expectations in both its visual appeal and functionality."
"Gusmedia's redesign of the website immediately drew considerably higher traffic to the domain than during its preceding incarnation, and has continued to do so."
"Fergus Wilkie has handled challenging briefs for enhancements to the site, and has quickly provided working solutions at every step. His creative, forward-looking and pragmatic approach has notably enabled my website to stand out from those of my peers."